Saturday, July 26, 2008

Summer - Halfway over already?

Wow, time flies. It's hard to believe summer is already over. Very depressing to hear back to school ads starting up.

The kids are having a great summer... they have been making great progress in their swimming lessons, and have a couple of "quiet weeks" before their production of Pinocchio, and then Kayleigh heads off to Camp Newman.

We had a "date day" today -- Monique and Kayleigh went to check out the new American Girl movie, and Will and I went to Nickel City, an arcade that charges $2 admission, but most of the games are free or under 50 cents to play. I was hoping they would have Gauntlet, because I thought Will would get a kick out of that game, but no luck, unfortunately.

Tonight we are going to Alexander's Steakhouse to celebrate my win in Vegas and our friend Rik's birthday. Last time we were there, we spent almost $800 on dinner for 2... I hope we can do better than that this time!

I have started shopping for a convertible. Right now, I'm leaning towards a 2009 BMW 328i. If I get this one, we will most likely take their "European Delivery" option, which offers a 7% discount on the car if you pick it up in Germany. Basically, a free trip. We would probably do this in December, taking a couple of weeks to visit Italy and maybe France. I'm also considering a Saab 9-3 and a Volvo C-70, but I'm 75% sure at this point that I will end up in the Bimmer.

Poker-wise, not too much exciting has been going on. I did come in 3rd in the 9PM $77 6-man last week for a $2200 score, but I'm really looking forward to the WCOOP (World Championship of Online Poker) and FTOPS (Full tilt Online Poker Series) events coming up in the next couple of months. These are the events that really allow "break-out" level prize pools. I also have a seat in the $2K buyin event at the Bay 101 in August, but it is on Kayleigh's birthday, so I will probably try to sell the seat or exchange it to play in a different event.

Hope everyone out there is doing well. I'll try to post more often.

No comments: