Thursday, July 31, 2008

Convertibles

I've been shopping around for a convertible. I bought a Miata when we moved back to Austin from Japan, traded it in for a Solara when we moved to San Jose, downgraded to a Taurus for a couple of years, and am finally ready to return to toplessness.

I have evaluated the VW Eos, the Saab 9-3, the BMW 1 and 3 series, and the Volvo C70. I had been leaning towards a new BMW 328i, but I test drove an Audi A4 3.0 tonight, and that changed the landscape dramatically. That is one FUN car to drive. I enjoyed most of the other cards, but the Audi actually gave me butterflies. So that's what I'm looking at now.

I also did some reflection tonight about the used vs. new decision. There are some sweet deals on used A4's. e.g. I saw a 2004 for under 16K. A new one (2008) will cost me about 3 times that. I was prepared to splurge, especially with my extra $$$ from my Vegas trip, but I think I can find some better things to do with $32K...

No comments: