Saturday, June 21, 2008

Summer Time!

Sorry for not posting...we've had a busy start to the summer! Here's a quick update on what we've been up to.

Kayleigh and Will have been out of school for a week now. They are both starting the summer in dramatic fashion by attending the Children's Musical Theater of San Jose's summer camp, and participating in their August production of Pinocchio. Later in the summer, they will both be going to scout camp. Kayleigh is continuing cheerleading lessons in anticipation of joining the cheerleading team at California Sports Center, and Will has decided to try out piano lessons.

The kids are also both doing a Youth Science Institute (YSI) camp, and Kayleigh will be spending a week at ID Tech Camp doing "Adventures in Game Design". Hey Cass, got any openings at ID?

Not to be outdone by the humans in the family, Lucy will be starting some long overdue obedience lessons in July.

I'll be taking my annual journey to Las Vegas next week for the World Series of Poker. I plan on playing in at least one WSOP prelim event (the $1500 NLHE starting on June 28th), and maybe more depending on how things go. I had a good "warm-up" this morning at GC, chopping the tournament 6 ways for $1300. Let me know if you're interested in buying a share of my Vegas tournament action!

If you want to see my talented son and his best friend miming, check out this video:


I guess that's about it for now. I'll try to update things more often!

No comments: