Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Going to the Main Event!

Tonight, the last night before my Vegas trip, I decided to enter one last online WSOP Main Event satellite, a $33 rebuy. I pretty much dominated the tournament from start-to-finish and took home the prize. I ran extremely well, but made some well-timed moves and steals to stay on top of the pack. Some of the highlights included:

Red aces on an 986 all-diamond flop, doubled through the chip leader who had JJ (including Jd)

Three-handed, AA vs QQ AIPF

Heads up, KK vs TT AIPF

Stole with 82o, then shoved out of position on 654 flop, eliciting a fold

Stole with 9d3d, got called by TT who was AI. Flop was an ugly Jh 6d Kh, but I made runner-runner flush.

Flat called OTB with AQ against UTG raiser who had me covered. Checked behind QJJ flop, flat-called 9 on the turn, and checked 7 on the river. Took it down against TT.

I won like 3 races against short stacks.

Basically, I ran well but also played pretty damn well, too, the combination usually required to win a tournament. I was really happy with my HU play. I started HU with a 2:1 chip lead, increased to 3:1 before I hit a couple of unlucky hands to fall behind. But at this point I felt like I had a very good read on my opponent and was able to regain the lead.

For those of you who are investing, here is what this means to you:
The main event entry is not covered as part of your investment, as it was won prior to the Vegas trip. If I win any main event satellites while in Vegas, they will be treated as a $10K cash win.

If you would like to invest in my $10K Main Event entry, I will sell up to 50 1% shares at $100 each. I will try to play on Day 1A (July 3rd), so let me know before then if you would like to invest.

Thanks again to everyone for your support and good wishes!

No comments: