Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Waitlist #2

Got the bad news today that I have been waitlisted at BCEMBA (Berkeley-Columbia Executive MBA) as well. Unlike Wharton, however, BCEMBA encourages waitlistees to submit additional application material, so I'm going to get an additional recommendation and a "pick me, pick me, please please please please" letter together. I also reached out to my network for suggestions and have found a couple of Haas alum who are going to help me with some advice.

It's better than two dings, I suppose. But it shore does suck not knowing where I stand in either program.

Had a nice little run at Garden City tonight, up about $950 playing 8-16. Things started badly, when I posted my big blind with 73, flopped trips, and lost to same trips, better kicker. But I was patient and recovered nicely. I also got to answer another set of "hey, wasn't that you in the final 4 tables at the Shooting Star? What happened on your last hand" questions.

And on my last hand, UTG, I pick up 6d 3d.

Mucked it.

No comments: